Gutu is a village near Masvingo in southern Zimbabwe. In 1892 a hospital was built there by German missionaries. Since then the hospital was taken over by the RCZ (Reformed Church in Zimbabwe) with whom the GZB (Gereformeerde Zendingbond ) are working together for many years now. The hospital is a 165 bed district hospital with several wards that includes a general -, a children’s – and a maternity ward. It is also equipped with a laboratory and a theater where operations can be performed. The hospital cares for, in partnership with 22 health clinics, about 200 000 people. Gutu Hospital actively reach out to 11 of these clinics .
There are two doctors, namely Dr. Mandizvidza (Medical Superintendent since November 2011), and Dr. Zihove (since March 2013). Witness Ministry contributes to the doctors’ salaries .
They serve a large rural area of Mashonaland East. There is also a training college for nurses at the hospital. From time to time the hospital is funded from the Zimbabwe Emergency Fund in order to help them to maintain their services and care.
The hospital provides services to the community in terms of:
Ds T Masinba