Witness Ministry co-ordinates and manages a number of important synodical witness projects and partnerships since 1991. It is done on behalf of the DRC family in and from the Cape Region:
But where did it all start?
The Missionary Awakening since the 1800’s:
- 1880’s – Ministers’ Mission Society
- 1892 – DRMC receives a vision to start outward focused missionary work
- 1903 – DRC SCM (Synodical Commission for Mission)
- 1958 – DRMC Commission for Evangelism and Mission
- 1978 – SCFW (Synodical Commission for Witness — DRMC)
- 1991 – DRC family establishes the Commission for Witness (CFW)
- 2003 – DRC family synods refocus on Africa.
Mission initiatives arose in: